Effective September 1st 2013, the initial class is a state mandated 4 to 6 hour class room course in addition to the range. Total course approx. 7 through 8 hours.
Effective September 1st 2013, the renewal class and range are no longer required to renew your license. We do recommend taking advantage of our refresher class that is offered.
- Class will begin at 8:00 AM unless otherwise specified by the instructor.
- PLEASE DO NOT BRING A LOADED HANDGUN into the classroom. Please DO NOT BRING A LOADED HANDGUN to the range. HANDGUNS WILL BE LOADED ONLY AT THE DIRECTION OF THE INSTRUCTOR. This is to insure the safety of all class participants.
- Students must provide their own equipment and materials for class. (See below.)
- At no time will a student be allowed to attend class if intoxicated, or with the smell of an alcoholic beverage on his/her breath.
- Both classroom and range portion of the class must be attended and completed with an acceptable score to pass the course.
- Please advise the instructor prior to class if you have special needs, are pregnant, or taking medication that may impair your ability to safely handle a handgun. Note: We strongly recommend women who are expecting a child to consult their physician prior to attending the range portion of the CHL course.
- Please do not use tobacco products while in the classroom or on the firing line.
- Please switch all pagers and phones off or place them in the vibrate or silent mode.
- Eye protection, ear protection, and targets will be provided.
- Clothing should be appropriate to weather conditions ie. extreme heat or cold.
High neck T shirts,button up shirts or blouses (up to the neck line) are recommended, (ejected cartridge cases can go down open front shirts or low cut blouses resulting in severe burns.)
- One revolver of at least .32 cal. or one semi-automatic of at least .32 cal. Handguns must be in good condition and have no modifications that will make the handgun less safe. Handguns are available at no charge – you must supply the ammuntion.
- must meet SAAMI specifications1 (factory ammunition)
- please bring at least 50 rounds (1 box) of ammunition each
- Any holster (optional)…
- must be constructed to securely hold a handgun
- Notepad and pen.